Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working
(07-09-2020, 10:18 PM)BoBowles Wrote: I wonder if they have different books then. Mine, under Unbox and Test, Step 6 States, "After the above leveling is complete, set the current Z axis position as the initial height of the first layer of printing. The operation is as follows: return to the previous interface and click "Set Z=0". At this time, the screen will pop up a message as shown in the picture. Click "Confirm" to complete." Also my Set Z=0 has a home icon above it not a refresh symbol with a zero in the center. If there is a different alignment procedure that does not use it where can I find it?

Here is the manual (version 20190722), from the USB drive that came with my newest Mars (received May 7, 2020--a silver one, not that that should matter).

Step 6 of Unbox and Test is (Note: they do not call the alignment process "leveling", as it is not.¹):

"6. Test the UV lights by pressing
“Tool” – “Exposure” – “Next”
(See Picture 5). If the 2K screen
can display a complete rectangle
thenthe UV lights work perfectly."

There is no mention of the [Z=0] button...

--------------------------------------
¹ - I realise I am like a broken record on this, however the use of inexact/incorrect nomenclature is a pet peeve of mine--I have seen far too many projects fail because those involved did not use the same vocabulary. If this process were "leveling", some sort of reference tool (aka a "level") would be required.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working - by cliffyk - 07-10-2020, 03:38 AM