Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Firmeware is the right one ....
Hello,
after many researches i successful start with printing on a Saturn. First thinks are running good, but lets find out how we can things better....
One of the thinks that a "computer enthusiast" will do : update to the latest version - but stop... there are 3 Versions of updates (20210402).
It seams depending on the used/build in screen (PJ L/PJ V5/TM).
hmmm - i searched and searched, but i cant figure out how i find my used screen. My current version of Firmeware ends with "/ F2.22".
There a few questions like mine, but no answers....

Have someone a glue into the right direction ?
kr Tom
Have you seen this page at Elegoo's support site?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(04-20-2021, 06:24 PM)cliffyk Wrote: Have you seen this page at Elegoo's support site?
off course - but it do not cover my issue - from the downloaded 3 "possible" updates, which one would be the right one Smile they only cover the "right firmware for the right printer and do not cross update between different printers" ....
OK - checked, but how can i double check i have the right display (for the downloaded updates seams to be):
  • ELEGOO SATUNR Firmware (PJ L Screen) 20210402.zip
  • ELEGOO SATUNR Firmware (PJ V5 Screen) 20210401.zip
  • ELEGOO SATUNR Firmware (TM Screen) 20210401.zip
( I ignore the typo in the Model Cool  )
Again - i cant figure out which display is currently installed, and i can't believe they want a disassembly from the screen Dodgy
Any hints ?
kr Tom

i make a screenshot from the "newer" Update instructions (no direct link Sad )
i attached it to this post ...
kr Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is vague & incomplete. I've had pretty good responses from Elegoo support (3dp@elegoo.com), have you contacted them as to how to determine what LCD you have?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(04-21-2021, 03:00 PM)cliffyk Wrote: It is vague & incomplete. I've had pretty good responses from Elegoo support (3dp@elegoo.com), have you contacted them as to how to determine what LCD you have?

thx for up-voting the support from elegoo. My experience with supports in general are not so tingly Wink
I wrote them - finger crossing to get a answer Cool

kr Tom
Keep in mind that they are in China, 15 hour time difference...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
oh lord - that´s impressive. I got a answer Big Grin 

My current firmware ends with ".../ F2.22" and it seams that this is the "initial type of LCD screen". So my update-file should be the "PJ L..."-Firmware.

I attached a picture where you can investigate in deep which screen is built-in. On the cable is labeled the type of the screen....

kr Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As I said, I have found them to be responsive and helpful...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Hey. I have the pj089y2v1 screen, what firmware should i use?
Adding to this thread. I just got the Saturn, and I wanted to update the fw. Does anyone have any idea which FW to use? My printer shows: V4.3.19_LCDZ /3840X2400 /F2.18. I have already sent a message to support, but I am afraid that since it is Saturday afternoon, I may not get an answer until Monday at best. Thanks.