Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?)
You can check the firmware version on the printer in the info screen.

Perhaps try re-leveling the build plate?
I've tried updating the firmware from V4.3.13-F2.23 to V4.4.3-c2_LCDC/1620X2560 /F9.23 on my Mars 2 Pro with no luck. Yes, the sh bin logo txt files are in the root of the USB drive but it never works. After the printer reboots firmware is still at V4.3.13-F2.23. I just gave up and will not use the new version of Chitubox. The Chitubox software sucks anyway. It would be nice for Elegoo to address this issue that so many people are experiencing.
(08-02-2021, 05:44 PM)dschiri1 Wrote: Count me as another failed update. Followed instruction.  Strange but when I printed the update SH4 file mars pro 2 restarts.  Has anyone else seen this behavior? When I power cycle the machine, it is still at the old V4.3.13-F2.23.  I have tried multiple times and it still fails.  Any ideas?

now when I press print for the SH4 file. Message box appears "Firmware updated soon!" What does that mean?

Now this is really strange I used the original USB stick and it worked.  Guess I had a bad USB drive.

It's the same here: starting from version 4.3.13, printed update.sh4 and get the same message, reboot and nothing changed.

I checked the files in "V4.4.3-c2_LCDC/1620X2560 /F9.23" zip and as of today there are no changes except for the update.sh4 file -> all the rest is identical to V4.3.13-F2.23.
My expectation was at least the bin file should be different.

Problem fixed. I tried 3 differend USB sticks and a 4GB stick did finally work. There was only the update.sh4 file on it and it did "bing" several times and updated the printer.
The .bin file is bitmaps for the user interface icons...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I just got the Mars 2 Pro for Christmas and am having the same issues you all have described. Same starting firmware and weird issues when trying to run the 4.4.3 LCDC 1620x2560 F9.25 firmware update. 

At first when I ran the update the motor tried to push the build plate through the top. I quickly turned it off and back on to stop it. I had to place the files in the root of the USB and run (print) them in the appropriate order. It didn't restart on it's own so I power cycled it with the switch on the back. After booting back it I tried to run the .SH4 but it prompted me with a message saying I was already on that version, so I guess it had taken.

After I upgraded everything within the firmware I tried to print the default rook again and it said "unknown file format". I went back and tried to slice the file again. Double checked all the settings have the right resolution in Chitubox and printer is set to Mars 2 Pro. 1620x2560 resolution. Still nothing...

I ended up reinstalling one of the older firmware versions which fixed that file format issue but then I started to get this "resolution of the sliced file does not match the screen - 1620". I now questioned did I buy the right printer? Is this the Mars or maybe Mars Pro and not the Mars 2 Pro? Nope, I have the Mars 2 Pro so the resolution should be 1620x2560. Chitubox settings match perfectly.

So just for fun I updated everything back to the 4.4.3 firmware, this time it beeped and restarted itself. I ran the rest of the files appropriately. Still got the resolution error. 

When checking the system info for what firmware version it was on I did notice something interesting. It first said, "V4.4.3-c@_LCDC/1920x1080 /F2.0". That resolution had me confused so I restarted reran the onboard file and checked it again. It now says "V4.4.3-c@_LCDC/1440x2560 /F2.0" So I took it a step further and sliced the rook at 1440x2560 and the Mars 2 Pro is perfectly happy with it. That is currently printing but I wanted to share what I experienced. I included a picture of what was displayed for the onboard resolution settings.

To me it seems like something is messed up with the firmware telling it to use a lower resolution. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. All other forums and posts just say oh your sliced at the wrong resolution, but never that the printer itself is set on the wrong resolution. Unless mine has the wrong screen installed? 

Thanks to everyone for being so detailed in this forum already. It made troubleshooting so much easier even if I am still stuck at this point.