Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modified Gcode to only run the cooling fan while the printer is running
(08-16-2019, 06:01 AM)f15sim Wrote: Would it be possible to post a version of the gcode file that had the comments in English? Smile

Tnx.

I went ahead and updated the original post and added another config gcode file thats been fully translated to english Smile
Awesome, thanks. Works like a charm
Hello, i've downloaded the english version the gcode and i've done a winmerge with the file "ChiTu Mainboard SpecificationV3.0.9.gcode" available on elegoo website, i found a lot of difference, seems not only on fan conf and homing speed. Is it normal, your file does not seem to be based on the one i mention, desc are also often different.
It is based off the original, may have already changed the homing speeds and forgot about it.
there is a BUG in this..
it is possible to turn off the fan when printing is done
but the stepper motor current and its driver remain powered, it is 4 watts of extra idle power..
the options are motor and stepper off after print
OR the fan off after print
NOT BOTH.. that is really not optimal, just saying.

;¡¾Action after printing is completed¡¿
M8489 P3 ; action after printing is completed
; 0: Turn off all motors,
; 1: Does not work after printing,
; 2: After printing is completed, return to zero, the motor is not powered
; 3: After the printing is completed, it drops to the maximum stroke of Z, and the motor is continuously powered.

see, you want to drop to max Z height, and then power off the motor
when you are done printing.
OZ2CPU Thomas Scherrer Denmark webx.dk
Thingiverse : OZ2CPU  Youtube : Thomas Scherrer
3D printers : Elegoo Mars and Creality CR10S PRO
(07-17-2019, 10:54 PM)admin Wrote: This is a modified .gcode configuration file based off the original Mars mainboard configuration file.

The only thing this changes is the UV cooling fan so it only turns on while there is a print running and as soon as the print completes, the fan turns off.

Download the attachment and make sure to view the READ ME file for instructions

Also, here is a more modified gcode config file that sets the fan as above, but also slows down some basic movements when homing the build plate.  It's also translated descriptions are in english Smile  (that was fin, lol)
Worked like a champ, Thanks
I think I have spotted a caveat with this that needs to be put in the instructions - First time I tried running the gcode, the build plate was about half way up, and after completion, it maxed out the z-axis, grinding the motor. It seems like it resets z=0 during installation and tries to home z to full height from there. 

Should the instructions say to put your build plate to zero (level it) before running? I tried that a second time and it correctly stopped at the right max-z height.
(12-24-2019, 08:39 AM)OZ2CPU Thomas Scherrer Wrote: there is a BUG in this..
it is possible to turn off the fan when printing is done
but the stepper motor current and its driver remain powered, it is 4 watts of extra idle power..
the options are motor and stepper off after print
OR the fan off after print
NOT BOTH.. that is really not optimal, just saying.

;¡¾Action after printing is completed¡¿
        ; 3: After the printing is completed, it drops to the maximum stroke of Z, and the motor is continuously powered.

see, you want to drop to max Z height, and then power off the motor
when you are done printing.

Thats all great and all - but on my USB stick it has a Machine parameters.gcode file, and at the end of it it has :-

;°æAction after printing is completed°ø

And this file is from Elegoo on the USB stick - so I don't think it's a bug at all.
Hi All,
Just bought the Elegoo MArs Pro.
Will this work for that model or does it just work for the Elego Mars?
Cheers.
I had enabled this (fan on only when LEDs on) on my Mars but later had opportunity to monitor the LED operating temps¹. I found that with fan cycling the LED temperature would rise as expected when powered on but then, after both the LED and fan turned off, continue to rise and spike at some 20° to 25° C higher (at 140 to 145° C) than at "turnoff".

Reverting to the OEM "fan always on" setting I observed a much flattened curve peaking at 125° C.

In almost any discipline (except knife-making) unnecessary, repetitive and excessive thermal excursions of individual components is not good--sometimes OEM engineers do know what they are doing.     

--------------------------------------
¹ - I got a new toy, a dual channel digital thermometer with type K thermocouple probes that lent themselves quite nice to being threaded through the Mars cooling vents.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com